Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Blinded By Frames

I have avoided posting much due to other obligations becoming quite irksome. Yesterday, a large piece of the frames of my glasses broke off and the right lens popped out. I didn't mind at first but then remembered that I have no spare pair and became a bit infuriated. I went to the eye care place where I originally purchased my glasses to see if they could fix the frame or replace it. Of course, they could not replace the frame because they said the lenses are too thick to fit in any standard sized frame and even if they could find a replacement frame it would end up costing me $100-250 of which I do not have. After an hour or so of shaking my fists at the sky and cursing the heavens, I attempted to super-glue the lens and frame back together. It took a while and some assistance from my Dad but the super glue proved sturdy enough. The only downside is that now the right lens is very crooked and very smudged. I almost feel as though I am wearing beer goggles. I do realize there are bigger issues and far more important things to complain about but right now this is something that is personally affecting me. I just want to wave my hands over my eyes and instantly rebuild my optic nerves.

On the other hand, this semi-blindness has given me a small dose of inspiration.




No comments:

Post a Comment