Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Abstract Jackson Mountain

 I've been slowly reconfiguring my own definition of abstract art. I find that when I am in the midst of splashing and meshing colors together I enter into a trance of sorts. It doesn't last long but when I am in it I feel nothing but complete oneness. Of course, I know that everyone and everything is always interconnected and that nothing can ever change that fact. But knowing is not the same as being.

So, with that acknowledged... here are two recent abstract paintings of mine. The first is titled "Swarming Solitude." Somehow I ended up painting a mountain scene. I think it has something to do with wanting to reconnect with the simplicity of nature. The second is titled "No One Knows" and it is more in the vein of Jackson Pollock. They both measure 9 inches by 12 inches.

No comments:

Post a Comment