Saturday, March 19, 2011

End Of Week Of Creativity (?)

My "Week of Creativity" has come to a quick end. I was secluded in a relative's apartment for the past week. I must admit that I actually enjoyed it. Mostly because I was able to have tons more room to spread out my painting supplies and really get quite involved with my canvas. I painted 6 new abstracts and drew up sketches for at least a dozen new ideas/concepts. There was some procrastination on my part but mostly because I became captivated by the great shows on HBO. Now I am back at my regular residence and wanting to have a whole month of creativity! Perhaps a whole year! That sounds very appealing to me right now. I feel as though I need to move to France, Italy, Spain or even Holland. Or at least somewhere that is equally appealing. Somewhere that is FULL of inspiration! I'd even settle for some cabin in a vast forest/mountainous region. I do know that eventually I will come upon such a place. It's just a matter of keeping the vision of it in my head.

I haven't taken pictures of my new abstracts yet but will do so tonight and post them tomorrow. For now, here's a pic of a still life sketch. It was done with oil pastels on copier paper. It turned out slightly askew but I think it adds a little more to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment