Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Not My Lover

You are not my lover, no. Nor are you my other significant other. Juxtaposed you stare longingly into my soulful memories of you at age twenty five. I needed you then and I need you now.

You have already married and yes I know you've become a mother. But my passion and longing for you remains just as powerful as ever. And I also know that you do not love your husband. You might like him and enjoy his company but you do not love him.

Do you still have that letter I wrote for you? Of course you do. How could you not still have it? Even if you no longer possess it I know that you still possess its words.

Indeed our paths shall cross once more and many more moments after. My heart shall never give up or give out. And when I become old and weary your face will be plastered across my will and countenance.

I will cry out, "I love you! I love you! I love you!" And the earth will shake with such utterance. My voice and words will reverberate throughout the cosmos and beyond. And it is because of this that I know you will remember me for the rest of your beautiful life.

Yet... you will never remember me like I remember you.

No comments:

Post a Comment