Friday, January 21, 2011

Abstract Government

 I am hard at work creating a lot of new abstract pieces. Well, not too hard at work (I don't like taking anything too seriously). Here are two recent pieces which I created with acrylics, pencil shavings, fake money, play-doh, tape and triple thick gloss. I painted them on smooth Bristol board. The drying process was quite a while and they ended up sticking to the cardboard I placed them on to dry. I had to very carefully pull them off with a small pair of scissors. But I do like the end result. I titled the first one "No Amnesty" and the second "Illegal System." Yes, they are wrought with political overtones and that was part of my intention. I have been trying to think of different creative ways in which to bring more attention to the fallacies of government control. Everyday, more people are waking up to the questionable acts of the establishment and looking for answers. But the answers they/you/we seek will not come from politicians or any authority figure. We must find our own answers and do the best we can in order to bring the truth to light.

No comments:

Post a Comment