Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Minimalist

 I've been busy learning a ton of songs in preparation for my band's busy spring schedule. It seems like a lot to take on all at once but the songs are relatively easy to play on guitar. Me and the singer got to practice yesterday with a drummer and bassist. The drummer was kind of lagging behind but there weren't too many mess-ups. Anyways, here are two minimalist drawings I did yesterday. The first is titled "Down-Trodden" and the second is "We Can." They consist of very simple shapes and colors but that is what makes minimalism so engaging. I didn't really have any kind of theme or concept in mind when I drew them but their titles came to me quite effortlessly. I believe it was due to a recent book I read in which the main character is having a hard time believing in his own existence. Well, that is my own analysis of it. The book is "The Invisible Man" by H.G. Wells. It is a really great story! Check it out at your local library if you are able to.

No comments:

Post a Comment