Thursday, February 17, 2011

Order, Disorder

 I created these two pieces last night while watching the black and white film "Julius Caesar." I used permanent markers, clear tape and two torn pieces of lined paper. I also chose a discarded cereal box as my canvas. Both pieces are similar in shape and color and do adhere to a certain theme. The only idea I had in mind while creating them was an image of two different shapes and colors. I titled the first one "Social Order" and the second one "Social Disorder." Why did I choose those titles? I suppose since I was watching the blatant murder of Julius Caesar it got me thinking about how quickly great leaders and tyrants can fall from their pedestal. It doesn't take much and when they do fall they fall very hard.

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment