Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Character

She faded rather quickly into the foreground but I still maintained my pace. As she turned the corner I noticed her golden locks float upwards in the breeze. That sun yellow dress of hers was like a cautionary sign to me. But I've never been one to obey any sign. Then she rapidly ducked into a shoe store; I waited a minute and casually walked in.

A shelf filled with red pumps startled me at first. I spun around and knocked over a busty mannequin. Most of the patrons didn't seem to notice. I picked up the mannequin by the bust and steadied it back in place. It was at that exact moment that she approached me.

"Haven't I seen you before?" She asked then twiddled one of her shiny locks with her index finger. "Perhaps." I answered. "Oh! You're on that really funny t.v. show! Right?" Her entire face lit up. "Uh... yes. Yes I am." I thought about correcting her but then I just became lost in her ocean blue eyes.

"I really love your show and the character you play! I'm probably one of your biggest fans!" She grasped my right hand then pulled me in and gave me a really intense hug. I didn't dare push her away. I don't know what fragrance she wore but it was quite intoxicating. It reminded me of being in a field of daffodils during a cool midsummer's eve.

It was all I could do to stop myself from breathing in every ounce of her essence. "I hope you don't think I'm too forward by asking you this but would you like to come to this party me and my friends are throwing tonight? It's just like a birthday party." She loosened her hold then stepped back a little in order to maintain eye contact with me. "Whose birthday is it?" I asked. "Oh, one of my friends. She's also a big fan of yours. Her name's Christine. And uh oh my name's Cindy! Sorry I forgot to mention my name right away." She giggled a bit.

"Nice to meet you, Cindy. And that party sounds like fun. I'd love to stop by." I spoke in a manner a trained actor might speak to a fan. "Oh, wow! Really? You'll come? That's great! Here's the address and my phone number." She frantically grabbed a pen from her purse and began writing on a store flyer. "Here you go." She handed me the flyer and kissed me briskly on the lips.

I watched her walk slowly out of the store and turn her head back. "I'll be waiting for you." She said in a sultry voice then slipped away. "All right. Now I just have to figure out which show she thinks I'm on." I stuffed the flyer in my pocket and ran home.

No comments:

Post a Comment